Satisfying our customers is the focus for all of us on a daily basis. We do this well. As a result, we stand out in our local market. Our success cannot depend on a few "rock stars". We act as a team, a team of experienced, knowledgeable professionals working together to ensure that each and every customer experience is a great one.
Job Description and Responsibilities:
Our sales associates and service techs must demonstrate their passion for cycling, a positive attitude, and strong people skills. We are looking for those who can fully and confidently evaluate the customers' needs and be able to qualify sales and service appropriately.
Ours is a fast paced and energy filled environment. You will need energy, up to date bicycle, sales, and product knowledge.
Here is what we do:
- We create and build long lasting relationships with our existing and growing customer base.
- We build product knowledge based on our continuing in-house training from both Trek Corporate and supplemental brands.
- We provide competent follow-through on all sales.
- We are a retail store, so working weekends is part of the job. Your schedule will need to allow for this.
Sales Associate / Service Tech II
You will service new and repair bicycles. This job requires extensive technical knowledge and experience along with great attention to detail. Equally important is the ability to communicate with customers to provide them with the information necessary to create 100% customer satisfaction.
You will be expected to do the following:
- Be passionate about cycling
- Be highly self-motivated and have a great attitude
- Work well with customers
- Work in a team environment
- Learn the proper Point of Sale practices.
- Be comfortable stepping out onto the sales floor and closing sales
- Have experience with all ages and types of bicycles
- Possess strong attention to detail and emphasis on quality
- Efficiently complete daily work schedules and tasks.
- Maintain the ABC Bicycles high quality of standards.
- Continually update your skills and techniques for maintaining and repairing bicycles.
Your performance will be measured based on a combination of the quality of repairs, ability to solve complex problems, and the efficiency with which repairs are done.
- You must be highly skilled in diagnosing and fixing all types of repair issues including, but not limited to:
- Bottom bracket install and overhauls
- Brake install and adjustment including mechanical and hydraulic disc brakes
- Cassette and freewheel install
- Derailleur install and adjustment
- Bicycle builds, including high end bicycles, with responsibility for compatibility of bicycle componentry
- Perform Service Packages in a timely and efficient manner.
- Understand how to interpret work order load and review
- Fill, prioritize and assign bike builds and repairs for the day
- Be able to problem solve
- Keep up to date on product knowledge and the latest technology.
- Provide feedback on parts assortment accessories
Experience Required: 2 year minimum